Posted by John on September 19th, 2012
Custom Channels has been creating All-Christmas music channels for FM radio stations for 13 years. We’ve worked with hundreds of radio stations from the biggest cities (NYC and LA) to small towns (Texarkana, Savannah, Peoria). No matter the size of the city or the station’s format (Country, Triple A, News/Talk, Oldies, AC, Top 40, Classic Rock), we’ve designed All-Christmas music Internet channels that listeners and advertisers love to listen to from mid-November until the week after Christmas.
Our pricing starts as low as $950 for a fully branded Christmas music Channel. The pricing model is flat-rate so that stations can budget for this promotion with no surprises and no escalating fees. All Christmas channels are available for local sponsorships and advertisers.
8 jolly reasons why local radio stations should play Santa and stream All-Christmas music in November and December 2012.
1. Christmas music is proven to attract listeners. An Arbitron study showed a whopping 91% AQH increase among stations that went “all Christmas”. Protect against audience erosion by providing Christmas programming online – don’t make your listeners go somewhere else!
2. Listeners to ALL formats seek out Christmas music. Jacobs Media found that even rock and classic rock listeners tune away to Christmas music on the radio during the holidays – in big numbers.
3. Any station can go All-Christmas music online without changing format on air. While listeners love Christmas music, they also love your station’s regular format. You can give them both and let them choose based on their mood.
4. Streaming is popular. Look at the latest Alan Burns “Here She Comes” radio research study: 48% of women listen to an online stream of a radio station weekly for an average TSL of an hour and a half! Both numbers are higher than last year.
5. Your listeners and advertisers are yours to lose.Don’t let them flock to the market’s AC “all Christmas” station or some generic Internet-only playlist. If you build it (and it’s good), they will stay. If you don’t build it, they WILL go elsewhere.
6. Keep radio listeners tuned in wherever the Internet can reach– at home, at work, mobile, tablets, smart phones and Internet radios.
7. Your station needs exclusive digital content to drive website traffic and create buzz with listeners to tap rapidly expanding digital revenue.
8. A win for both sales and programming. Programming gets a tactical imaging and audience connection tool they will be excited to promote. Sales get a unique, programming-driven promotion that’s easy to sell. Even if it’s been a challenge to sell other digital properties, any station that can sell sponsorships, remotes, and contests can sell and make money with a Christmas Channel.
Are you a radio station program director, sales manager or general manager? Contact Custom Channels today for all the details including pricing, sales tips and a Christmas music channel demo. Email email@example.com or call 303-444-7700. See our Christmas music channel web page.Share this: