Welcome to Custom Channels, a service provided by CustomChannels.net, LLC (“Channels”, “we” “our”, “us”).
Information we collect about you
We collect information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You don’t need to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website. However, certain Services do require that you register for a Custom Channels account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain information:
- Essential information: When you register any kind of Custom Channels account, you will need to provide your email address and choose a password. In order for Custom Channels to create a playlist for your Loved One, you will need to enter a name and a date of birth. You may also choose to provide additional user settings such as genre preferences, favorite songs, and skipped songs.
- Payment Information: If you purchase a paid subscription, or make other purchases through the Service, your credit or debit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that we need to process your payment may be collected and stored by us and/or the payment processors with which we work. We may also collect some limited information, such as your postal code, mobile number, and details of your transaction history, all of which are necessary to provide the Service. In addition, the payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number. If you choose to pay by invoice, Custom Channels may need to collect and store additional information, like your name, date of birth, and phone number, and provide it to payment processors we work with to issue invoices, to enable credit checks and to send you invoices.
- Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the webformInformation from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the webforms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.s on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal data when you upload audio or images to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform, or through the use of web analytics services as described in Cookies and Similar Technologies. This information includes but is not limited to:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform).
- The site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website.
- The specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, posting a comment, or performing a search.
- Any search terms that you may enter on the Website.
- The time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform.
- Your browser type and operating system.
- The nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device and its device-ID.
- Information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described below.
- Information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message.
How we use your information
We may use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To operate and maintain your Custom Channels account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform.
- To optimize your Custom Channels user experience. For example, we may use data on songs you have marked as “favorite” or “skipped” songs in order to improve the playback algorithm and our general knowledge of how users are responding to songs in our library.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To pay artists and rightsholders for tracks you hear, by reporting aggregate listening information to copyright licensing agencies.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyze the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (unless you have opted out by unsubscribing) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications. For information about how to unsubscribe from newsletters, marketing messages and email notifications, please see the Choice and Control section, below.
- To analyze the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services in order to improve Custom Channels and customize it to your needs and interests.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
- For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.
Sharing of your information
- With your consent: We will disclose your information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the Custom Channels community.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of Custom Channels, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Storing of your information
Choice and Control
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website, although certain information will be collected automatically by virtue of your visit (as described above). However, if you do decide to register a Custom Channels account, you can control your information in the following ways.
Unsubscribing from newsletter or marketing message emails: Click on the “unsubscribe” link provided in any marketing or newsletter email. Alternately, you can email us at email@example.com and request to have your email removed.
Deleting your Custom Channels account: To delete your account completely, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to have your account deleted. If you ask us to delete your account, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
Note that deleting the App from your device(s) or cancelling a free trial or paid subscription (e.g. by turning off auto renew in your iTunes or Google Play account settings), does not delete your Custom Channels account information. Email us as instructed above to completely delete your account.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 for marketing purposes. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Custom Channels and we learn that that personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such personal data, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
Changes and updates to this Policy
d/b/a Custom Channels
2569 Park Lane
Lafayette, CO 80026
Last amended: June 12, 2018